From the way we value our people, to the way we do business, and the way we live our values, Parkins Accountants is exceptional. Take a look to find out more about what makes Parkins such a great place to work.
Why work for us?
Who we are
We are a long-established family-run company that has its roots in accountancy as far back as 1967. Our fully chartered status provides trusted advice to businesses and individuals across South Yorkshire and beyond.
We put our people first and believe they are the heart of our business. We believe in the value that each person brings with them. We are an equal-opportunities employer and support diversity within our team.
What you will get
- Competitive salaries
- Training linked to their specific job
- Pension scheme
- A friendly and professional working environment
- Relaxed dress code
- Staff social events
- Support and flexibility when required.
- Manage phone calls and correspondence (email, letters, packages etc.)
- Distribute incoming and outgoing mail.
- Prepare reports.
- Maintain internal databases.
- Keep stock of office supplies and place orders when necessary.
- Manage the office calendar and conference room.
- Manage incoming and outgoing records.
- Assist colleagues whenever necessary.
- Ad hoc admin duties.
- Proven experience as an office administrator / assistant or relevant role.
- Excellent level of communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft suite of applications
- Willingness to develop.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Problem solving attitude with a good eye for detail.
- Preparing Statutory Accounts from core accounting records.
- Balancing control accounts and preparing accounts files.
- Preparing accounts from clients accounting software packages including IRIS, SAGE, Quickbooks, this involves data interrogation.
- Preparing tax computations for sole traders, partnerships, corporation tax returns for Ltd Companies.
- Corresponding with clients and managers to complete assignments.
- Completion of bookkeeping.
- Preparing VAT returns and filing with HMRC.
- Producing management accounts for review by managers and partner.
- Strong numeracy skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Confident communicator.
How to apply:
If you are interested in joining a dynamic team and earning a competitive salary working for a local accountants in Wickersley, Rotherham, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and full covering letter.